SMPB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel demo - new racing game on steam (mini review etc)

3 posters

Go down

Fuel demo - new racing game on steam  (mini review etc) Empty Fuel demo - new racing game on steam (mini review etc)

Post  Jim of Doom Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 am

Well, graphics are nice, physics questionable, general adhereance to reality and authenticity: nil.

In the demo you get to drive a motorbike and a crossbreed of go cart and tractor. After Powerslide it was a bit hard getting to grips with the newer, inferior racing game physics and interface.

The vehicles can behave erratically on different surfaces, which can be fun.

you can bounce of and crash into things that arent there (when clipping immovable objects etc - but not actually looking like you will hit it at all).

sort of realistic wrecking system - drive at 80mph into a truck coming the other way and you die, and sometimes when driving fast at an awkward angle onto a ramp etc. Unfortunately you dont get to see your broken, mangled corpse flying off the bike and rolling about.

However, it has a nice free range system in which you can drive anywhere over a fairly large area - this would be awesome fun if this feature is multiplayer. you get a nice choice of roads, tracks and woods to drive through and no restrictions except leaving the demo area.

Races seem ok - the difficulties range from not so bad to a little bit worse, so theres no real challenge getting between levels (unlike powerslide) but perhaps this will change in the full game.

The sort of americanised badass theme your character takes is a bit crap, god knows what it would be like in a proper storyline, lots of macho american guys swaggering around and being unbearably testosterone fueled no doubt.

I not going to get the game, because as a racer it comes no way near to Powerslide, but as a free couple of hours its worth downloading just to rocket about and crash into things.
Jim of Doom
Jim of Doom
Douche

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Fuel demo - new racing game on steam  (mini review etc) Empty Re: Fuel demo - new racing game on steam (mini review etc)

Post  Radpants Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:16 am

I'll be honest:
I stopped reading at "physics questionable"
Radpants
Radpants
Vault Guardian

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-24

http://www.bebo.com/danzoFAG

Back to top Go down

Fuel demo - new racing game on steam  (mini review etc) Empty Re: Fuel demo - new racing game on steam (mini review etc)

Post  Jim of Doom Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:53 pm

lol. of all the people i expected to say that, you were all of them.
Jim of Doom
Jim of Doom
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy of the Sheikah Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:51 pm

Jim of Doom wrote:lol. of all the people i expected to say that, you were all of them.

I lol'd. This isn't strictly PC though. There's a demo on 360 as well. Pedantry ftw!

Andy of the Sheikah
Sentinel

Number of posts : 50
XBL Gamertag : AndySheik
Registration date : 2008-11-09

http://www.supermegapodcastbros.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim of Doom Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:20 pm

hey, i reviewed the pc version, the xbox version might be different
Jim of Doom
Jim of Doom
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down