SMPB Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

halo 1 / combat evolved

3 posters

Go down

halo 1 / combat evolved Empty halo 1 / combat evolved

Post  LawrieCrash Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:54 pm

The start of the popular franchise, is in fact the most overrated game ever created. yes the health regeneration is good and only two weapons as well but this game is flawed on so many levels, for example: the level are recycled endlessly and are completely boring especially the library, the humans are pathetically bad, the aliens look monged up, the box cover looks like it was made on a windows 98 excel spreadsheet, the guns are rubbish and you can't keep the gunsyou had on the last level. Master chief's voice is the worst voice ever on a video game, the music plays when your at critical points and sound like the chief designer at bungees crappy ringtones the only multiplayer is split screen.

graphics 2/7 it was made at launch for the xbox. but ps1 games look better than this.
storyline 5/7:Good despite the stupidity
gameplay 1/7: This makes monopoly fun
multiplayer 1/7:the dark days before xbox live.
voice acting 3/7: seagent johnson is by miles the best.
overall 2/7: start from halo 2, ignore this game at all costs.
LawrieCrash
LawrieCrash
Vault Martyr

Number of posts : 38
PSN Name : That's for Rich folk
Wii Code : I don't have WiFi dammit
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

halo 1 / combat evolved Empty Re: halo 1 / combat evolved

Post  Andy of the Sheikah Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:44 am

I lold. A lot.

Andy of the Sheikah
Sentinel

Number of posts : 50
XBL Gamertag : AndySheik
Registration date : 2008-11-09

http://www.supermegapodcastbros.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim of Doom Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:19 pm

LawrieCrash wrote:...is in fact the most overrated game ever created... ...this game is flawed on so many levels, for example: the level are recycled endlessly and are completely boring especially the library... ...the humans are pathetically bad, the aliens look monged up, the box cover looks like it was made on a windows 98 excel spreadsheet, the guns are rubbish and you can't keep the gunsyou had on the last level... ...the music plays when your at critical points and sound like the chief designer at bungees crappy ringtones the only multiplayer is split screen...

Having played the PC version i have to disagree in various places.

The levels actually show some variation - the level design isnt spectacular but the enemies (sometimes randomly spread about, where you least expect them) are used to create all different kinds of situations (eg taking a wraith on on foot is very different to taking it on in a vehicle)
so what do you mean by recycled? And personally, on the higher difficulties the library does drag on a bit but youre so strapped for ammo and health and busy being mauled by flood hordes that you dont notice - a bit like left for dead.

I agree about the human AI - but contemporary games only rarely do noticeably better.

The aliens are supposed to be monged up, if they were pretty people might have qualms about reducing them into slimy purple pulps.

the case art is a bit crap, but there is worse around today.

In what way are the guns rubbish? Dont they do enough damage? annoyed that you cant kill everything in one hit with the weakest weapon? you, my friend have been playing too much crysis replicas. the enemies here have shiny shieldy things, whereas in crysis look alikes theyre just poorly armed ethnic minorities ready and willing to be mown down with your toothpick launcher.

not keeping guns? big deal. i personally dont mind swapping a burnt out plasma rifle for a sniper with 3 times the normal allowance of ammo (truth and reconciliation, third level). but again on the lower difficulties if your whording (spelt right coz im combining hoarding with whore) one particular weapon.

the music was generic, not that bad though, at one point out of the blue comes some heavy rock which is cool if pointless and atmosphere destroying. and the pc multiplayer was huge - coz we had t3h interw3bz back then and could play it with other people whilst you lot had to share screens like the pathetic scum you are whilst we, the true gamers, with our dazzling smiles, blonde hair and blue eyes, marching in rows in front of our glorious fuhrer... ahem. whilst us, the pc gamers, played on full screens Very Happy

What i disagree with heavily is the fact it is still being sold in GAME for £15 despite being ridiculously old, outdated and relatively crap.

Which is another point. no one in their right minds would buy this game when there are two massively popular sequels out, so a review from a modern perspective isnt all that helpful. it was OK, maybe bordering on good, when it came out, but now is the old, drooling, senile dog that people dont talk about and think about having shot.
Jim of Doom
Jim of Doom
Douche

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum